My favorite would be a tie. "An Old Christmas Card" made most popular by Jim Reeves, and "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" also recorded by Jim Reeves. It was a favorite of Mrs Landis, my piano teacher and one I learned to play for the family. Jake Hess recorded a good version of this song on a Gaither Gospel series Christmas record I have.
My least favorite is "The Twelve Days Of Christmas " and "Holly Jolly Christmas".
Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Too many favorites to list, but super-fave probably Perry Como's "There's no Place like Home for the Holidays", and many other Como renditions of the old warhorse standards.
Worst: specifically Micheal Jackson's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"... it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yeeesh!
So annoying I think I Heart Radio Classic Christmas stopped playing it, at least so far this year I haven't heard it - thankfully.
Worst: generically: "The 12 Days of Christmas" by anyone!... Jeezum, enough already!
Worst: specifically Micheal Jackson's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"... it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yeeesh!
So annoying I think I Heart Radio Classic Christmas stopped playing it, at least so far this year I haven't heard it - thankfully.
Worst: generically: "The 12 Days of Christmas" by anyone!... Jeezum, enough already!
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
KEZ played Kelly Clarkson singing "O Holy Night" the other day on the way home. OMG.......
Kelly Clarkson may be something, but she is NOT a singer........

And you're absolutely right. It's hard to beat Perry Como singing anything.

Kelly Clarkson may be something, but she is NOT a singer........
And you're absolutely right. It's hard to beat Perry Como singing anything.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- hermitcrab
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 1504
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
- Location: Tri Cities Mich
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
as a kid we always got out the Sing with Mitch Christmas album with the words so we could sing along ... I don't know why , but I am also fond of the Ray Conniff Christmas song ... count your blessings instead of sheep... I have it on album, radio stations seem to play that one a lot...a Charlie brown Christmas album by Vince Guaraldia trio is also one of my favorites a little jazz mixed in...
- danrclem
- Hero Member
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
- Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
I can remember the Vienna Boys Choir singing Little Drummer Boy when I was in grade school. I thought it was fantastic.
There's not very many Christmas songs that I don't like. Even the silly ones.
https://youtu.be/JpgTOfyTrNw
There's not very many Christmas songs that I don't like. Even the silly ones.
https://youtu.be/JpgTOfyTrNw
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests
