Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8981
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Post: # 3843Post electra225 »

My favorite would be a tie. "An Old Christmas Card" made most popular by Jim Reeves, and "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" also recorded by Jim Reeves. It was a favorite of Mrs Landis, my piano teacher and one I learned to play for the family. Jake Hess recorded a good version of this song on a Gaither Gospel series Christmas record I have.

My least favorite is "The Twelve Days Of Christmas " and "Holly Jolly Christmas".
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Firedome
Anchor Member
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:21 pm
Location: nowhere
Contact:

Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Post: # 3846Post Firedome »

Too many favorites to list, but super-fave probably Perry Como's "There's no Place like Home for the Holidays", and many other Como renditions of the old warhorse standards.

Worst: specifically Micheal Jackson's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"... it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yeeesh!
So annoying I think I Heart Radio Classic Christmas stopped playing it, at least so far this year I haven't heard it - thankfully.

Worst: generically: "The 12 Days of Christmas" by anyone!... Jeezum, enough already!
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8981
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Post: # 3850Post electra225 »

KEZ played Kelly Clarkson singing "O Holy Night" the other day on the way home. OMG....... :o :shock: :roll: :evil:

Kelly Clarkson may be something, but she is NOT a singer........ :shock: :shock:

And you're absolutely right. It's hard to beat Perry Como singing anything. :D :D :D :D
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
hermitcrab
Anchor Member
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
Location: Tri Cities Mich
Contact:

Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Post: # 3855Post hermitcrab »

as a kid we always got out the Sing with Mitch Christmas album with the words so we could sing along ... I don't know why , but I am also fond of the Ray Conniff Christmas song ... count your blessings instead of sheep... I have it on album, radio stations seem to play that one a lot...a Charlie brown Christmas album by Vince Guaraldia trio is also one of my favorites a little jazz mixed in...
User avatar
danrclem
Hero Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
Contact:

Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Post: # 3892Post danrclem »

I can remember the Vienna Boys Choir singing Little Drummer Boy when I was in grade school. I thought it was fantastic.

There's not very many Christmas songs that I don't like. Even the silly ones.

https://youtu.be/JpgTOfyTrNw
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests