RCA Studio "B" tour

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

RCA Studio "B" tour

Post: # 11660Post electra225 »

I ran across this video and thought it might be interesting to you guys. Notice at 1:30 you'll see a little keyboard instrument sitting by an upright piano. I believe this device to be what I referred to as a "vox" that Floyd Cramer used to create the unique RCA sound. It must have been some kind of electronic organ-like device. I only saw it once, years and years ago, on "Austin City Limits". I have an article on the device in a copy of "Music City News" around here somewhere, probably still in a box upstairs. There is a lot of good information in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7XuyoWMtc
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
William
Global Moderator
Posts: 5431
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Location: Hart, Michigan
Contact:

Re: RCA Studio "B" tour

Post: # 11662Post William »

Thanks for sharing the link, Greg, I found it interesting.

Bill
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests