I ran across this video and thought it might be interesting to you guys. Notice at 1:30 you'll see a little keyboard instrument sitting by an upright piano. I believe this device to be what I referred to as a "vox" that Floyd Cramer used to create the unique RCA sound. It must have been some kind of electronic organ-like device. I only saw it once, years and years ago, on "Austin City Limits". I have an article on the device in a copy of "Music City News" around here somewhere, probably still in a box upstairs. There is a lot of good information in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7XuyoWMtc
RCA Studio "B" tour
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
RCA Studio "B" tour
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- William
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5431
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
- Location: Hart, Michigan
- Contact:
Re: RCA Studio "B" tour
Thanks for sharing the link, Greg, I found it interesting.
Bill
Bill
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
