Page 1 of 1
Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 pm
by electra225
My favorite would be a tie. "An Old Christmas Card" made most popular by Jim Reeves, and "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" also recorded by Jim Reeves. It was a favorite of Mrs Landis, my piano teacher and one I learned to play for the family. Jake Hess recorded a good version of this song on a Gaither Gospel series Christmas record I have.
My least favorite is "The Twelve Days Of Christmas " and "Holly Jolly Christmas".
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:39 pm
by Firedome
Too many favorites to list, but super-fave probably Perry Como's "There's no Place like Home for the Holidays", and many other Como renditions of the old warhorse standards.
Worst: specifically Micheal Jackson's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"... it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yeeesh!
So annoying I think I Heart Radio Classic Christmas stopped playing it, at least so far this year I haven't heard it - thankfully.
Worst: generically: "The 12 Days of Christmas" by anyone!... Jeezum, enough already!
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:53 pm
by electra225
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:06 pm
by hermitcrab
as a kid we always got out the Sing with Mitch Christmas album with the words so we could sing along ... I don't know why , but I am also fond of the Ray Conniff Christmas song ... count your blessings instead of sheep... I have it on album, radio stations seem to play that one a lot...a Charlie brown Christmas album by Vince Guaraldia trio is also one of my favorites a little jazz mixed in...
Re: Favorite/least favorite Christmas song
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:01 am
by danrclem
I can remember the Vienna Boys Choir singing Little Drummer Boy when I was in grade school. I thought it was fantastic.
There's not very many Christmas songs that I don't like. Even the silly ones.
https://youtu.be/JpgTOfyTrNw