Loretta Lynn passed away at her home on October 4 at age 90. One of the giants in country music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretta_Lynn
Loretta Lynn passes away
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Loretta Lynn passes away
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- William
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5431
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
- Location: Hart, Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Loretta Lynn passes away
That's sad, she was quite the performer. RIP, Loretta.
Bill
Bill
- hermitcrab
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 1504
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
- Location: Tri Cities Mich
- Contact:
Re: Loretta Lynn passes away
I never really gave her that much thought , until the movie Coal miner's daughter came out ... then I got into her music more and more...but I like all the old country... pretty much after the eighties I lost interest in the genre as all the " country stars" today all look the same and sound the same
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Loretta Lynn passes away
And the good writers are all as dead as all the good performers. "Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit!" is hardly what I call inspirational lyrics. Can you imagine Harlan Howard, or Bordelaux Bryant or Cindy Walker writing such drivel?
Loretta Lynn started out with the Wilburn Bros. She later became the girl singer for Ernest Tubb, before breaking out on her own. "Who's Gonna Take Your Garbage Out" was one of the more famous efforts of the Tubb/Lynn collaboration. The Wilburn Bros got the rights to her music and wouldn't let her have it back. There was a big head-banging over that....
Loretta Lynn started out with the Wilburn Bros. She later became the girl singer for Ernest Tubb, before breaking out on her own. "Who's Gonna Take Your Garbage Out" was one of the more famous efforts of the Tubb/Lynn collaboration. The Wilburn Bros got the rights to her music and wouldn't let her have it back. There was a big head-banging over that....
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- TC Chris
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 3739
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Contact:
Re: Loretta Lynn passes away
They've all got the same mid-south accent now. My car radio flipped from the public radio music station to a "country" alternate channel when the signals competed the other night. It was a guy singing with one of those generic "country singer" accents. Now, I like southern accents. My Alabama Mom and all that side of the family have 'em, and I did until we moved to Michigan and the school thought I had a speech defect. I was listening to Patsy Cline tonight. No fake accent. Tex Ritter? He sounded genuinely southwestern. Johnny Cash? Well, he sounded like Johnny Cash. Nothing fake about any of them..hermitcrab wrote: ↑Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:29 pm pretty much after the eighties I lost interest in the genre as all the " country stars" today all look the same and sound the same
Chris Campbell
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests
