Roulette Records

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8985
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Roulette Records

Post: # 9931Post electra225 »

Ken posted a picture on Rex's Count Basie topic that showed he recorded on the Roulette record label. I searched on Wikipedia and found the history of Roulette records pretty interesting. Alleged to be connected to the Genovese crime family... ;) :o

Lots of artists I am somewhat familiar with recorded on Roulette.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roulette_Records
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Ken Doyle
Hero Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Contact:

Re: Roulette Records

Post: # 9941Post Ken Doyle »

Morris Levy was one of the biggest rats in the record business, no doubt about it.

Hear it from Joey Dee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWxOedXW-ic
User avatar
hermitcrab
Anchor Member
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
Location: Tri Cities Mich
Contact:

Re: Roulette Records

Post: # 9943Post hermitcrab »

I always liked the Essex "Easier said than done" on Roulette records when I was a kid ... when I found out they were Marines stationed at Camp Lejeune just made it even better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHB6muY-6WI
User avatar
back-2-mono
Senior Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Roulette Records

Post: # 9947Post back-2-mono »

I have a couple of Buddy Knox 78's on Roulette.
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8985
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: Roulette Records

Post: # 9985Post electra225 »

I found this on YouTube this morning. I thought there might be some interest. The video is not very good, but it's still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdMCWzmMXQ
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests