Many times, my search for music leads me to old time radio transcription sets. I've just found a collection of radio broadcasts that feature Eddie Condon with a group of some of the best jazz musicians of the period. These recordings can be found on Ebay in DVD-ROM sets that have more music than is available on the commercial CD recordings. Here is a sample of their work from YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRKEluBIpw
Eddie Condon Et Al.
- 19&41
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 1963
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 pm
- Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
- Contact:
Eddie Condon Et Al.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
- TC Chris
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 3733
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Condon Et Al.
Nice link. One of the great gifts of living now is access to so much good music of all kinds. The link you sent was recorded before I was born.
The news noted that revisions to copyright laws protecting recordings mean that a big batch of old recordings are now in the public domain: "Recordings published before January 1st, 1923 in the United States will enter the public domain on January 1st, 2022. Commencing two years later, on January 1st, 2024 and on every January 1st through 2046, another year’s worth of US recordings will enter the public domain." That's from a Library of Congress site. I'll probably post a few more Edison disc recordings on YouTube. When I did the first one last year, YouTube notified me that the owner had kindly allowed me to use their ca. 1916 recording. Now I think I won't have to depend upon the kindness of strangers.
Chris Campbell
The news noted that revisions to copyright laws protecting recordings mean that a big batch of old recordings are now in the public domain: "Recordings published before January 1st, 1923 in the United States will enter the public domain on January 1st, 2022. Commencing two years later, on January 1st, 2024 and on every January 1st through 2046, another year’s worth of US recordings will enter the public domain." That's from a Library of Congress site. I'll probably post a few more Edison disc recordings on YouTube. When I did the first one last year, YouTube notified me that the owner had kindly allowed me to use their ca. 1916 recording. Now I think I won't have to depend upon the kindness of strangers.
Chris Campbell
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Condon Et Al.
I learned how to kipe music off YouTube here awhile back. I will be downloading some Eddie Condon material when I get the chance.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests
