Plenty of power in this gal.
Ready for restoration !
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 276755441/
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/scott_radi_510.html
E.H. Scott 510 Console
- Hi-Fi-Mogul
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
- Contact:
E.H. Scott 510 Console
Hi-Fi-Mogul
- William
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5433
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
- Location: Hart, Michigan
- Contact:
Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console
The price seems good, how far away is that from you, Mr. Mogul? I wonder what it had for a changer?
Bill
Bill
- Hi-Fi-Mogul
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
- Contact:
Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console
Changers were Webster-Chicago using several models.
One W-C in the 510 had the G.E. V-R cartridge.
Hi-Fi-Mogul
- TC Chris
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 3740
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Contact:
Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console
I have the chassis in that model. It was in a huge cabinet from Liberty Music, a chain that Scott had some sort of deal with. Mine had a Lincoln both-sides record changer. That relied on rubber devises that were hardened and cracked, so I donated it to a mechanical music museum. The chassis, tuner & amp, needs restoration (filter caps seem to have sorted). It has the same Jensen coaxial.
True E.H. Scott fans get all sniffy about these later models that were riding on the firm's prior reputation. But it's my only chrome-chassis Scott so I ignore the true believers.
Chris Campbell
True E.H. Scott fans get all sniffy about these later models that were riding on the firm's prior reputation. But it's my only chrome-chassis Scott so I ignore the true believers.
Chris Campbell
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console
I see that amp/power chassis has a 25Z6 tube in it. Also a power transformer and 5Y3 rectifier. The 25Z6 is typically found in a hot chassis/string filament setup. Wonder how they "fire" that tube, and what would its purpose be? That amp is about 50 watts with those big 6L6's.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- Hi-Fi-Mogul
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
- Contact:
Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console
My readings about Scott Radio Labs is that after Mr. Scott left
in 1945, the company continued making quality products.
This model sure ain't no junker, and I've read very good
things about them on some other forums from the 510 owners.
The company even published its own info magazine, cool.
https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archi ... s-46-1.pdf
in 1945, the company continued making quality products.
This model sure ain't no junker, and I've read very good
things about them on some other forums from the 510 owners.
The company even published its own info magazine, cool.
https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archi ... s-46-1.pdf
Hi-Fi-Mogul
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
