https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NYh7z3hQw
Homer and Jethro...."Red Roses For A Blue Lady"
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Homer and Jethro...."Red Roses For A Blue Lady"
"Ol' so-and-so wrote this song, but we fixed it". "...featuring our band, Boots Randolph and the Carroll County Car Strippers". "Floyd Cramer was going to play on this album, but he fell off his bankbook and broke his leg". I think Tom T. Hall must have gotten some of his inspiration for play on words from Jethro Burns. The forte of this extremely talented duo was to select popular songs, then "fix them".......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NYh7z3hQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NYh7z3hQw
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
-
walyfd
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 810
- Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:40 pm
- Location: NEPA Scranton area
- Contact:
Re: Homer and Jethro...."Red Roses For A Blue Lady"
Best rendition was by Bert Kaempfert.
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Homer and Jethro...."Red Roses For A Blue Lady"
No question about that. You'll have to admit that this is the most UNUSUAL version, yes?

Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8980
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Homer and Jethro...."Red Roses For A Blue Lady"
Apparently, according to this, Bert Kaempfert did not have the most successful version. Vic Dana did, at #10 on the Billboard chart, Kaempfert came in at #11. Andy Williams and Wayne Newton also had chart hits on the song in 1965. It was written in 1948....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Roses_for_a_Blue_Lady
I had never heard of Vic Dana that I can remember. I think I like Wayne Newton's cover of the song better, but here the Vic Dana version,,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0EzFoKPXU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Roses_for_a_Blue_Lady
I had never heard of Vic Dana that I can remember. I think I like Wayne Newton's cover of the song better, but here the Vic Dana version,,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0EzFoKPXU
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests
