More records from Missouri

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

More records from Missouri

Post: # 22008Post electra225 »

A friend in Missouri went to an auction today and scored a bunch of records. How many I don't know for sure. He called and told me he had bought "a bunch" of records cheap. I'll get what of the 45's I want and what Lp's I want that he doesn't want. The deal is I get what records I want if I'll loan him a record player so he can play LP's. When he went to Missouri for the summer, I asked him to be on the lookout for 45's. The records neither one of us want can go on ebay. He went to the auction in his car, then had to go home and get his truck to haul the records. ;) :roll: :lol:
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Re: More records from Missouri

Post: # 22010Post TC Chris »

Sounds like a treasure trove. Have fun exploring. Just hope the original collector wasn't devoted to Mantovani. My Dad's office in the late 50s and early 60s had a waiting-room system for music--V-M 1200GE, Bogen DB 115 amp, 2 GE speakers in ceiling mounts. Still have 'em all. But the records were heavy on Mantovani, which must be Italian for "elevator," and I did part with those.

Chris Campbell
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: More records from Missouri

Post: # 22016Post electra225 »

I told my friend before the auction to look for country, Lawrence Welk and Billy Vaughn records. And, of course, 45's. I want some doo-wop, rock and roll from the late 1950's or so. Whatever we don't want, we can sell on ebay or FB.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests