FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

What treasure have you found lately?
Post Reply
User avatar
amglow
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 pm
Contact:

FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21849Post amglow »

Just found this on FB MarketPlace:

Free Philco 38-690 at the curb! Near Shawnee, KS. Looks complete. Someone needs to drop what they are doing and go snag this radio.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item ... ?ref=saved
User avatar
amglow
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21850Post amglow »

pictures from the post.
Attachments
FB_MP_06-14-2024.jpg
Philco_38-690c_reduced.jpg
Philco_38-690c_reduced.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Philco_38-690b_reduced.jpg
Philco_38-690b_reduced.jpg (178.35 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Philco_38-690a_reduced.jpg
Philco_38-690a_reduced.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Last edited by amglow on Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3729
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21851Post TC Chris »

Wow, one of the big ones of the '30s. Wish I were close.

Chris Campbell
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8980
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21852Post electra225 »

I used to live within 150 miles of Shawnee. I'm not collection radios currently, but I'd have to grab that one if I had a chance. ;)
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
William
Global Moderator
Posts: 5417
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Location: Hart, Michigan
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21861Post William »

Seven speakers, separate amp, that is Zenith Stratosphere status. Very impressive.

Bill
User avatar
Dr. Radio
Hero Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21865Post Dr. Radio »

Why must you torture me with these posts???

😳

It’s about a 6+ hour round trip for me. I would be tempted if there wasn’t an issue of….I currently don’t have a vehicle that would transport that wonderful old monster.
User avatar
hermitcrab
Anchor Member
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
Location: Tri Cities Mich
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21879Post hermitcrab »

I have a few Philco's and I always wanted the big one like this ... someone save that from the dump!
User avatar
William
Global Moderator
Posts: 5417
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Location: Hart, Michigan
Contact:

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Post: # 21882Post William »

It must be gone as the post on Facebook is not there anymore.

Bill
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests