Reelin' In the Years

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hi-Fi-Mogul
Anchor Member
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
Contact:

Reelin' In the Years

Post: # 19347Post Hi-Fi-Mogul »

Wow, I must have fallen asleep during MN Special that Saturday.

Double leads on Tele's, great backup singers, drumming
like a locomotive, and live energy of real musicians
locked in to their groove !!!

Glad I happened on this. I remember listening to lots of
Steely Dan over their career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6fPnBtUqw
Hi-Fi-Mogul
User avatar
hermitcrab
Anchor Member
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
Location: Tri Cities Mich
Contact:

Re: Reelin' In the Years

Post: # 19352Post hermitcrab »

Steely Dan ... just like Alan Parsons Project... both just threw together studio musicians that usually just were for back up instruments on albums and let them go at it... some of the best music made by people we probably would not even know their names if we saw them...I.E. Vic Flick.....nobody knows him, but everyone has heard is famous guitar lick... The James Bond Theme ...google the pawn stars episode where Vic Flick sells his Baby... his Fender he used throughout his career ...Jessie the guitar expert guy was basically in awe of him the whole time..
PS I have every steely Dan and Alan Parsons album... favorite albums are AJA by Steely Dan, and Turn of a Friendly card , Alan Parsons
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests