Billy Joe Shaver

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Billy Joe Shaver

Post: # 18165Post TC Chris »

For country fans, the wonderful American Routes had a feature on Billy Joe Shaver this week:

http://americanroutes.wwno.org/archives ... tte-Landry

I missed most of it because I had to go in to work to prepare for tomorrow after my enforced vacation last week. I'll catch up online later.

Chris Campbell
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8981
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: Billy Joe Shaver

Post: # 18291Post electra225 »

I wasn't familiar with this artist. He looks like the same type music as Delbert McClinton and even on the edge of David Allen Coe. Sort of a biker bar sound, very pleasant, and has a good band. Not much of a singer, in the same vein as the two artists I mentioned. The best country concert I ever went to was David Allen Coe. His band members looked like they just escaped from jail, with the most beat up instruments and equipment I ever saw. But those guys could sure pick and sing. ;)
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests