Sing Along With Mitch
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8983
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Sing Along With Mitch
Mitch Miller loved gimmicks. He made millions for Columbia Records with his Sing Along with Mitch series of albums. Sung in four-part, barbershop-style harmony with minimal musical accompaniment. You guys may remember my friend Dave, the guy with the side-mounted '38 Buick Special that I have posted pictures of here on the forum. 25 years ago, his wife gave me her collection of Sing Along with Mitch records, since their "machine" went on the fritz and she had no use for the records. They are all mono. I've been going thru them, converting them to digital. One of my favorite Sing Along With Mitch albums is "Sentimental Sing Along With Mitch" on Columbia, CL-1457. "Jeanine", "Three O'Clock In The Morning", "Singin' In The Rain", "Hello! My Baby", "Little Annie Rooney", "I'll See You In My Dreams", "Ida", "When I Grow Too Old To Dream", and about a half dozen others. Many were copyrighted in 1921, the newest I saw was 1934. These old standards are refreshing to hear. You never hear these songs played on radio anymore.

Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- Conelrad
- Hero Member
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:28 am
- Location: Hidden Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Sing Along With Mitch
The Drive (830 AM, 50kW from Tucson) had the original "Singing in the Rain" in their mix just yesterday.
The station sounds great on a good radio, comes in like a local here in Maricopa.
You never know what they'll be playing, minimal ads, live DJ's to boot.
The station sounds great on a good radio, comes in like a local here in Maricopa.
You never know what they'll be playing, minimal ads, live DJ's to boot.
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8983
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Sing Along With Mitch
I get that station here. I like it. Mostly what I hear them playing is old rock and roll. There used to be a good AM station out of Tucson at 560 AM. I forget the call letters, but they played the Music Of Your Life canned music with Wink Martindale. KSAZ? Does that sound right? It's not on the air anymore along with KOY here in Phoenix. KMYL was on the air for a brief period in the 1990's that also featured The Music Of Your Life. KOY was at 550 AM for 90 years, the oldest radio station in Arizona, now a talk station KFYI, but you already know that.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- 19&41
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 1966
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 pm
- Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
- Contact:
Re: Sing Along With Mitch
I didn't know he had recorded albums of sing alongs. I just remember his show on NBC when I was little. (5).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw8BJ-d ... =dentelTV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw8BJ-d ... =dentelTV2
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8983
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Sing Along With Mitch
Yessir, he sure did. I have 14 Sing Along records. Each album unfolds, with five sheets of words so you can have a sing along party of your very own. I have a stereo Christmas album I forgot I had. All the rest are mono. I don't know which came first, the TV show or the records. I had a couple of my own, the rest came from Dave's wife. When was the last time you sang "Polly Wolly Doodle", "Wait For The Wagon", or "Yes, We Have No Bananas".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZLGuJWf5O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZLGuJWf5O0
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
