Capturing Internet Audio

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8985
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Capturing Internet Audio

Post: # 17206Post electra225 »

After many fits and starts trying to be able to process audio off the Internet, I have found another possible option. I use a 2015 non-smart RCA 32" flat panel TV set for a computer monitor. The advantage to this setup, other than size, is that it has internal speakers. It also has RCA audio output jacks. Why can't I feed this audio to a tape input on the Pioneer SX-1050? Then just process the audio with my conversion software like any other audio source?
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3734
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Re: Capturing Internet Audio

Post: # 17208Post TC Chris »

Ought to work. Run the audio out into your receiver see if you get sound on YouTube. Of course, there's a question of underlying audio quality (GIGO, right?).

Chris Campbell
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8985
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: Capturing Internet Audio

Post: # 17210Post electra225 »

If you get on YouTube Music, the audio is not bad. I can clean up as necessary with my conversion software. I haven't used it in about three years, but, if it still works, it is amazing what it will do. It's best feature is speed correction. I can play a tape that is dragging, not running at the right speed or with huge wow and flutter and it will pretty much fix it. Certainly enough to make it usable. I can also play 78's at 45 rpm and it will correct the speed.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
hermitcrab
Anchor Member
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am
Location: Tri Cities Mich
Contact:

Re: Capturing Internet Audio

Post: # 17238Post hermitcrab »

I cheat and use the YT down loader for music ... trouble is all the compression they do to the wave and MP3 files , everyone seems to be downloading the FLAC file format as they claim it is lossless ... I cant really tell the older I get ... ;)
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8985
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: Capturing Internet Audio

Post: # 17244Post electra225 »

If I can grab the audio off the TV, that will save me a step versus using the YouTube audio conversion. I can put it right to Spin-It-Again and not have to download it to my computer then move it to Media Player, then put it on SIG, then back to the computer. I found the slickest conversion software, had it for years. It cost $40 in 2011. They still sell it, but they don't support it anymore. Simple and effective. LOTS simpler than some of the more exotic programs/apps made for music conversion. I even converted about two dozen cylinder records to digital and put them on CD. I've done eight tracks, 78's, 45's, LP's, and all manner of tape with this program. I had a program for YouTube video audio, but when our old computer crashed, I lost it and they don't offer it anymore.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests