Eddie Heywood
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Eddie Heywood
I was tinkering with my little Magnavox record player this afternoon. I dug out a stack of 78's that I had gotten at auction and had never played. I ran across Eddie Heywood, on Mercury, playing this song. I am/was not familiar with Eddie Heywood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhOgYTw-00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhOgYTw-00
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
- TC Chris
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 3739
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
New one for me too.
Chris Campbell
Chris Campbell
- 19&41
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 1967
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 pm
- Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
Sounds like a guy to get familiar with!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
-
walyfd
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 810
- Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:40 pm
- Location: NEPA Scranton area
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
He wrote Canadian Sunset. First 2-track r2r i bought was his RCA reel.
He was like a Peter or Eddy Duchin but not as popular. He was more of a composer.
He was like a Peter or Eddy Duchin but not as popular. He was more of a composer.
- William
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5431
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
- Location: Hart, Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
And here's Eddie playing Canadian Sunset with full orchestra.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obVUaPZNKMo
I agree with Rex and getting to know Eddie better, and Walter on very much like Peter and Eddy Duchin.
Bill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obVUaPZNKMo
I agree with Rex and getting to know Eddie better, and Walter on very much like Peter and Eddy Duchin.
Bill
- electra225
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
- Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
I have "Canadian Sunset" on one of those records. An old lady had them and they are in really nice shape. On the record he plays with a five-piece combo, which seems better than a full orchestra. He plays "straight fingered" like Floyd Cramer. Almost does crush notes, but not quite.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
-
walyfd
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 810
- Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:40 pm
- Location: NEPA Scranton area
- Contact:
Re: Eddie Heywood
According to Wikipedia, he developed partial paralysis in his hands... still played but had a very challenging time.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
