Oh, and also...
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:55 am
I forgot to mention movie music. Last night when the 10:00 "new age" program came on the radio, I grabbed a CD from the pile. This one was an NPR collection of movie music that I bought at a library sale. Movie music is especially interesting because often it triggers visual images in the brain. Maybe my favorite on the disc is Nino Rota's score for Fellini's 8-1/2. The film is about an Italian movie director who is making his 9th film. Or he's supposed to. Problem is, he has no idea what he's going to do. Everybody is ready except him. That's where the title came from. Rota's music is wonderful but it's all the more so because I can remember scenes from the brilliant film. And there are other great ones. Bernard Herrman's music for Vertigo. Waxman's for A Place in the Sun. Tiomkin's for High Noon. Bernstein (Elmer) for Magnificent Seven. Bernstein (Leonard) for On the Waterfront. Several others. All these wonderful movies and their music.
Chris Campbell
Chris Campbell