An obit, and some old-fartism
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:43 am
The NYT had an obit for Hargus Robbins. Read it here:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/arts ... -dead.html
He played on all sorts of famous recordings in Nashville. The one that caught my eye and my brain was Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces." What a song, what a singer. Once you've heard it, it cannot be forgotten.
And then NPR did it again. I was listening on the headphones on my daily after-work hike tonight, and they interviewed another little lady songwriter who just put out a new album. The interviewer gushed over a couple of her songs and they played some excerpts and I resolved to forget her name as soon as possible.
I hate to sound like an old fart but why don't these radio news people find some new musicians with talent and good material? Maybe they should listen to Patsy Cline sing "I Fall to Pieces" (or anything else she recorded) before they choose interview subjects.
Chris Campbell
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/arts ... -dead.html
He played on all sorts of famous recordings in Nashville. The one that caught my eye and my brain was Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces." What a song, what a singer. Once you've heard it, it cannot be forgotten.
And then NPR did it again. I was listening on the headphones on my daily after-work hike tonight, and they interviewed another little lady songwriter who just put out a new album. The interviewer gushed over a couple of her songs and they played some excerpts and I resolved to forget her name as soon as possible.
I hate to sound like an old fart but why don't these radio news people find some new musicians with talent and good material? Maybe they should listen to Patsy Cline sing "I Fall to Pieces" (or anything else she recorded) before they choose interview subjects.
Chris Campbell