Page 1 of 1

Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:45 pm
by danrclem
I found this by accident. I was watching a Chet Atkins video and this came up after Chet's video finished. I love the finger picking.

https://youtu.be/R2DCWfBkMSI?si=q8bh5z-SBt77XcTv

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:28 pm
by William
People that play guitars, banjo, etc. amaze me. I have tried several times and could not get the hang of it. No coordination I guess.

Bill

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:14 am
by danrclem
I have a banjo and a guitar but that doesn't mean that I'm good at picking either.

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:08 am
by TC Chris
She worked as a maid for the Seeger family (kids included Mike & Pete).

Chris Campbell

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:11 pm
by danrclem
I forgot to mention that she plays the guitar with the low E string on the bottom. I think Greg posted a video not too long ago of a guy who played his guitar set up the same way.