Hip Cake Walk 1964
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2025 4:18 pm
I was listening this AM to KCSM San Mateo online, and a version
of Hip Cake Walk was playing.
I looked up the original album:
"Don Patterson With Booker Ervin : Hip Cake Walk"
Prestige – PR 7349 Recorded in NYC, NY May 1964
Organ – Don Patterson
Tenor Saxophone – Booker Ervin
Another nice serendipity find as I relaxed before attending
to more repairs of the Columbia 316.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeAYJEk_V_s
The album cover is a nice artistic play with the
Fuller/ Flatiron Building as background.
.
of Hip Cake Walk was playing.
I looked up the original album:
"Don Patterson With Booker Ervin : Hip Cake Walk"
Prestige – PR 7349 Recorded in NYC, NY May 1964
Organ – Don Patterson
Tenor Saxophone – Booker Ervin
Another nice serendipity find as I relaxed before attending
to more repairs of the Columbia 316.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeAYJEk_V_s
The album cover is a nice artistic play with the
Fuller/ Flatiron Building as background.
.