Bobby Vinton..."Young Love"
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:57 pm
I have the 1963-ish Bobby Vinton album, "Please Love Me Forever" on the old Imperial as I type this. It is on Epic, but I can't read the number without my glasses on. This is one of his better efforts, IMHO, although Bobby Vinton never recorded a bad note. Mr. Vinton deserves the designation as the male version of Connie Francis. The same sweet, rangy, clear voice that never struggled for a note. On this album he does a cover of the old Sonny James classic, "Young Love". Lots of artists have recorded the song, but Bobby even includes a touch of harpsichord and organ ala Sonny James.
This album may have been Bobby Vinton's contribution to country music. "Bouquet of Roses" and "Who's Sorry Now" have a distinct country flavor with double-beat bass....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRheb1SPjY4
This album may have been Bobby Vinton's contribution to country music. "Bouquet of Roses" and "Who's Sorry Now" have a distinct country flavor with double-beat bass....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRheb1SPjY4