Page 1 of 2
In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 5:14 am
by jflipse
Hello! I am new to the forum and am in the market for a late 50's Stereorama. My folks had one that was blonde and I thought it was the coolest thing. Any thoughts on the best way to find one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 2:38 pm
by Brettzky99
What is your location?
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 4:43 pm
by maxidyne
Posting their locations by new members is a courtesy rather than a requirement. Perhaps we should revisit that.....
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 7:23 pm
by William
My suggestion, check Craig's list, Facebook Market place, and eBay. Actually anyplace you can think of that advertises stuff for sale. Maybe place an ad here on the forum in the "Wanted" section.
Bill
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:32 pm
by Brettzky99
I have one in cherry with the radio section
Another member has a blonde phono only
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2024 4:22 am
by jflipse
My location is western Wisconsin near the Twin Cities.
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2024 4:24 am
by jflipse
Brettzky99 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:32 pm
I have one in cherry with the radio section
Another member has a blonde phono only
Thanks! Is there a link to it? I'm trying to search for it but an coming up empty.

Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:41 pm
by Brettzky99
jflipse wrote: ↑Tue Dec 24, 2024 4:24 am
Brettzky99 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:32 pm
I have one in cherry with the radio section
Another member has a blonde phono only
Thanks! Is there a link to it? I'm trying to search for it but an coming up empty.
Where are you located? Stereo is within 1 hour of NYC.
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2025 5:58 am
by jflipse
Is the cherry one still available? I am near Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2025 2:42 pm
by electra225
Please include your location in your user profile, and don't forget an Avatar too as both are required for any new members. Good luck in your search!
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2025 7:06 pm
by electra225
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2025 1:18 am
by Doug
This is not what u r looking for but sign up with them and put a watch for one.
Just use magnavox as a search as they may not put in the details
This is for the whole USA
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/224721459
Doug
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2025 11:43 am
by William
That is cool, thanks for sharing Doug.
Bill
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2025 5:25 pm
by TC Chris
I will warn you the Shopgoodwill is addicting. I assembled a big collection of 8 mm movie cameras from the site--fascinated by all the different solutions to the same basic problem. Along the way I bought a bunch of radios etc. I finally weaned myself off....
Chris Campbell
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2025 6:52 pm
by electra225
My comment may derail the topic. Therefore, I shall remain mum.....

Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 8:12 pm
by electra225
I just disapproved a post by "jflipse". He must include his location in his user profile if he wants to post on the forum. I have made this abundantly clear. We have to know who is on our forum and where they are located for security reasons.
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 10:58 pm
by William
If he is not willing to follow the rules for joining then I would consider him a spammer.
Bill
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2025 1:35 am
by electra225
Point well taken....
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2025 4:56 am
by jflipse
Many appologies, I did not mean to offend or break rules. I have updated my profile with an avatar and my location. Please advise what else I need to do to be right with the world here.
John
Re: In the market for a late 50's Stereorama
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2025 5:02 am
by electra225
Thank you, John. We don't intend to inconvenience anyone. We have spammers trying to invade our forum, who intend to do us harm. In order to combat these pests, we need to know who is on our forum and where they are located. We welcome you to the forum. We hope you will enjoy yourself and will make yourself at home. You are good with us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
As a comment about the stereo you are looking for. I thought the Stereorama was a record player only. I don't recall seeing a Stereorama with a radio tuner. Good luck with your search.....