Detroit
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:01 am
A huge Michigan Central train station in Detroit, built in grand style, was opened in 1913 and abandoned in 1988, leaving it subject to extreme vandalism and decay. It became a symbol of Detroit's decline. Then in 2018 Ford bought the vast pile and restored it to former grandeur, making it a symbol of Detroit's renaissance. It just opened with a big celebratory concert of Detroit folks. Quite a few of them were after my youth and not generally in my musical style, but my sister recorded the concert and I watched it Sunday, enjoying even the rap performers for their support of our biggest city. Yeah, I was almost weeping. You can see it here:
https://www.nbc.com/live-from-detroit-t ... 8000011125
It made me really happy that I drive two Fords--and that lots of less deep-pocketed folks are similarly devoted to the city and working hard to make it great again. If you want to see lots of before and after photos, just do a search on "Michigan Central."
Chris Campbell
https://www.nbc.com/live-from-detroit-t ... 8000011125
It made me really happy that I drive two Fords--and that lots of less deep-pocketed folks are similarly devoted to the city and working hard to make it great again. If you want to see lots of before and after photos, just do a search on "Michigan Central."
Chris Campbell