Page 1 of 1

FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:18 pm
by amglow
Just found this on FB MarketPlace:

Free Philco 38-690 at the curb! Near Shawnee, KS. Looks complete. Someone needs to drop what they are doing and go snag this radio.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item ... ?ref=saved

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:27 pm
by amglow
pictures from the post.

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:28 pm
by TC Chris
Wow, one of the big ones of the '30s. Wish I were close.

Chris Campbell

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:34 pm
by electra225
I used to live within 150 miles of Shawnee. I'm not collection radios currently, but I'd have to grab that one if I had a chance. ;)

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:47 pm
by William
Seven speakers, separate amp, that is Zenith Stratosphere status. Very impressive.

Bill

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:33 pm
by Dr. Radio
Why must you torture me with these posts???

😳

It’s about a 6+ hour round trip for me. I would be tempted if there wasn’t an issue of….I currently don’t have a vehicle that would transport that wonderful old monster.

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:16 pm
by hermitcrab
I have a few Philco's and I always wanted the big one like this ... someone save that from the dump!

Re: FREE Philco 38-690 at the curb!!

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:19 pm
by William
It must be gone as the post on Facebook is not there anymore.

Bill