Page 1 of 1

Billy Joe Shaver

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:08 am
by TC Chris
For country fans, the wonderful American Routes had a feature on Billy Joe Shaver this week:

http://americanroutes.wwno.org/archives ... tte-Landry

I missed most of it because I had to go in to work to prepare for tomorrow after my enforced vacation last week. I'll catch up online later.

Chris Campbell

Re: Billy Joe Shaver

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:35 pm
by electra225
I wasn't familiar with this artist. He looks like the same type music as Delbert McClinton and even on the edge of David Allen Coe. Sort of a biker bar sound, very pleasant, and has a good band. Not much of a singer, in the same vein as the two artists I mentioned. The best country concert I ever went to was David Allen Coe. His band members looked like they just escaped from jail, with the most beat up instruments and equipment I ever saw. But those guys could sure pick and sing. ;)