Page 1 of 1

Tequila Shiela

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:46 pm
by electra225
This is one of my favorite Bobby Bare songs. My wife simply SWOONS over Blake Shelton. Starts heavy breathing like a teenage girl at an Elvis Presley concert. I personally think that to call Blake Shelton a singer is certainly giving the benefit of the doubt. He is something, but I'm not sure a singer would be the first thing that came to mind..... ;)

That said, and in keeping with the old "even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally", I find that Blake recorded this old Bobby Bare song. Bobby Bare was not known for his singing, but more famous for his material. He did a lot of Shel Silverstein material. Country comedy, if you will. Blake Shelton pretty faithfully covers this beloved old tune, complete with a "beer-thirty" vocal background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXGERdEWoM

For comparison, the original Bobby Bare version. I wish I had the money I put into truck stop juke boxes listening to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk64s0uVqks