Page 1 of 1

1962 Motorola 23SF8WAF stereo theatre

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 pm
by amglow
Good morning,

Here for your review and comment is a 1962 Motorola 23SF8WAF three channel stereo B&W TV that followed me home in August of 2018. it is housed in a Drexel Declaration cabinet. I think the control panel is one of the nicest designed I've ever seen. Quite sleek and modern looking. Now for the eye-candy!
IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3365.jpg
IMG_3358.jpg
IMG_3360.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
Motorola_Stereo-Theatre_23SF8WAF_Nov_19__1962.jpg

Re: 1962 Motorola 23SF8WAF stereo theatre

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:37 pm
by maxidyne
Very nice!!! What would that have sold for when it was new?

Re: 1962 Motorola 23SF8WAF stereo theatre

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:17 pm
by William
That is a good-looking unit, very simple and serviceable looking at it with the back off. What output tubes are used in the amp. I have an unrestored Motorola SK52W that I keep putting off because the cabinet is a mess. It's a one of these day projects that does not seem to come to the head of the line. :roll: :( I do not have any photos of mine, but this is what it looks like except mine has short legs.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/motorola_ ... s_862.html

Bill

Re: 1962 Motorola 23SF8WAF stereo theatre

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:17 am
by Motorola minion
Wow, the controls are one of a kind and their best monochrome TV chassis! My parents second TV has that same type chassis stuffed in a plain 19" painted metal cabinet that weighed a ton!! I see very few Motorola combinations so thanks for posting!!!

That TV chassis is identical right down to the cate-Wampus 5U4 above the power transformer! Used a 3A3 HV rectifer and pix bright as a Zenith, it was a bit fussy in the vertical circuits and required a rebuilt tuner.

There were other 19" Motorola "portable's" in 1963 to be sure! But many used a cheaper, series-wired heater, transformer-less chassis. This 19" was a luggable!