RCA Victor model 4-X-641 dead, dead, dead

Discussions about radios and tuners. Do you have an old radio that is giving you fits? This is the place to talk about them, along with stand-alone radio tuners, tube and solid state, stereo and mono.
electra225
Site Admin

RCA Victor model 4-X-641 dead, dead, dead

I was playing this radio on my bench this morning, playing merrily away then just quit. Totally silent, not the slightest hum or any noise. The tubes still were lit. Chassis RC-1140 just for reference. It's a six-tube "AA6" black plastic case radio with a 4X6 speaker and a traditionally excellent performer. I pulled the back off and found one of the speaker wires had come off. The spade connector was dangling in the breeze. I plugged that back in, checked the other one, tested the tubes and cleaned things up a bit, gave it a general once over. Everything is back to normal. I don't believe I've ever had a speaker connection fall off suddenly before.
A good leader is someone who can tell you where to go, and make you look forward to the trip.

Never allow someone who has done nothing to advise you on anything.
TC Chris
Anchor Member

Re: RCA Victor model 4-X-641 dead, dead, dead

Must be too much bass....

Chris Campbell
electra225
Site Admin

Re: RCA Victor model 4-X-641 dead, dead, dead

Not much danger of too much bass with a 4X6 speaker..... ;)
A good leader is someone who can tell you where to go, and make you look forward to the trip.

Never allow someone who has done nothing to advise you on anything.