Page 1 of 1

Roy Clark, 12th Street Rag

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:33 pm
by electra225
This old black and white video was from before Roy Clark was famous, probably the early 1960's. He sure could play the guitar. The facial expressions he used were either from self-consciousness or just an effort to be comical. I never did figure out which it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2PTetKMU8
Another Roy Clark cut from the Jimmy Dean Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta4535Y8xYE

At the risk of overstaying my welcome, I had no idea Jimmy Dean played the squeeze box. Another example of the genius of Roy Clark. The old black and white cameras would flash a black streak when they showed a shiny object. Not much wonder those of us who grew up watching those old TV sets now wear glasses with lenses thick as stove lids....... ;) :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dtQbt3y7a0

I'm done. I promise...... ;) ;) :lol:

Re: Roy Clark, 12th Street Rag

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 am
by Ken Doyle
Roy Clark was an amazing talent.

I'd never seen that 3rd clip before, thank you for the link!

Re: Roy Clark, 12th Street Rag

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:15 am
by electra225
Jimmy Dean was no slouch himself when it came to being multi-talented. I had never seen that clip, either. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Ken.

Re: Roy Clark, 12th Street Rag

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:36 pm
by 19&41
I'll bet the mugging was one of the only things he could do for finesse, having to play so fast and precise. It worked, judging by the audience's approval. He's a good subject.