The Skyliners
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:12 am
How about "Since I don't Have You"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZh6ZSRoYg
On my daily after-work hike, NPR's news had an obit for a famous Calif. DJ. IN an interview, he responded to a question about what music he'd like to go out on; this is what he named. They played it and I was singing along. That's dangerous when you are wearing headphones; it may sound OK to the singer but to other auditors it can be excruciating. But hey, I was outdoors on a trail and nobody else was around.
When I went off to college in 1965 I had a new, kit-built stereo tape deck but a mono amp and mono Garrard RC-80 turntable. I started making a "mix tape" on R to R, and since I couldn't afford much tape and only had mono sources anyway, I recorded in mono, 1/4 track. Going off to college meant meeting lots of people from the east coast for the first time. Some of them must have suggested this song. I had never heard it; it must not have penetrated into the wilds of lower Michigan. But it ended up on my mix tape and I do like it.
Chris Campbell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZh6ZSRoYg
On my daily after-work hike, NPR's news had an obit for a famous Calif. DJ. IN an interview, he responded to a question about what music he'd like to go out on; this is what he named. They played it and I was singing along. That's dangerous when you are wearing headphones; it may sound OK to the singer but to other auditors it can be excruciating. But hey, I was outdoors on a trail and nobody else was around.
When I went off to college in 1965 I had a new, kit-built stereo tape deck but a mono amp and mono Garrard RC-80 turntable. I started making a "mix tape" on R to R, and since I couldn't afford much tape and only had mono sources anyway, I recorded in mono, 1/4 track. Going off to college meant meeting lots of people from the east coast for the first time. Some of them must have suggested this song. I had never heard it; it must not have penetrated into the wilds of lower Michigan. But it ended up on my mix tape and I do like it.
Chris Campbell