Eddy Arnold "Welcome To My World"
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:56 pm
I bought a collection of Readers' Digest record compilations at an auction one time. I have Lawrence Welk, Eddy Arnold, Hank Snow, Glenn Miller and a couple others. I played the Eddy Arnold collection the other day on my little Motorola stereo I recently went thru. The Eddy Arnold collection is on RCA "Dynagroove" stereo Dynaflex. So they must be in the 1968-69 era somewhere. I think RCA went strictly Dynaflex sometime later. They sound okay until you get about four on the table, then they start to slip. And the changer doesn't like changing them. Sometimes two at a time will drop, sometimes none will drop and it will play the last record again. The changer works fine on non-Dynaflex records. I usually play Dynaflex records on a manual turntable, so I never thought about them not wanting to work on a changer. And a VM changer, at that........ 
The music on this collection is quite good. Even has a few I don't already have. I believe I'll put this record on CD.
The music on this collection is quite good. Even has a few I don't already have. I believe I'll put this record on CD.