Page 2 of 2

Re: another useless endeavor/ acquisition

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:19 pm
by hermitcrab
Just wondered... I found a 10" VM demo record with a blue label says all capitol artists...

Re: another useless endeavor/ acquisition

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:26 pm
by William
Mine are all LP's, and I just checked and they were produced by Mercury. Your one up on me with a 10" VM demo record. Have you played it? If so, how does it sound?

Bill

Re: another useless endeavor/ acquisition

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:33 am
by TC Chris
I've got one V-M branded demonstration record that always made me wonder what they were trying to demonstrate. Pretty crummy sound. I did find in on a trash can, with cigarette ashes dumped over it, but it has been thoroughly washed and the surfaces aren't noisy. Just limited frequency range and dynamics.

Chris Campbell

Re: another useless endeavor/ acquisition

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:17 am
by hermitcrab
William wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:26 pm Mine are all LP's, and I just checked and they were produced by Mercury. Your one up on me with a 10" VM demo record. Have you played it? If so, how does it sound?

Bill
sounds like only played a few times ...hardly any surface noise... 4 songs per side with the commentator telling all the advantages of VM equipment and the great sound ...

Re: another useless endeavor/ acquisition

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:19 pm
by William
Chris, which record company produced yours?

Elton, there is no commentary on my records, just great music.

Bill