Page 2 of 2
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:12 pm
by 19&41
Why won't the voices ever suggest asking a nice round $100 to these sellers?
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:32 pm
by Motorola minion
19&41 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:12 pm
Why won't the voices ever suggest asking a nice round $100 to these sellers?
Is it a geographic thing? Those mid-60s consoles go for peanuts around here, most times are free, even if inside desirable furniture

.
It was suggested to take a box truck of consoles to NYC on a Saturday and sell everything (on a trendy neighborhood street). This from a local artisan contractor who does work there. I took in alot of stuff I should sell.
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm
by Firedome
Ya Dave, take 'em to Brooklyn with prices at 300-500 and I'd bet they'd sell like hotcakes!
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:11 pm
by Motorola minion
Firedome wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm
Ya Dave, take 'em to Brooklyn with prices at 300-500 and I'd bet they'd sell like hotcakes!
I saw a CL asking for 30s-40s antique radios, it was in central NJ. Again, there I could give them a bargain deal on my barn-shop full of such treasures. But instead I will clue them in on the ultimate selection:
http://www.dvhrc.com/docs/Upcomingshowinfo.pdf We get pretty desperate by the mid afternoons and THEN deals are made.

Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:14 pm
by hermitcrab
Same thing at the MARC radio show.... prices are though the roof until time to pack up ... then you get deals
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:53 pm
by William
Elton, do you go to the MARC show? I have always wanted too by never made it.
Bill
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:01 am
by TC Chris
Motorola minion wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:11 pm
Firedome wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm
Ya Dave, take 'em to Brooklyn with prices at 300-500 and I'd bet they'd sell like hotcakes!
I saw a CL asking for 30s-40s antique radios, it was in central NJ. Again, there I could give them a bargain deal on my barn-shop full of such treasures. But instead I will clue them in on the ultimate selection:
http://www.dvhrc.com/docs/Upcomingshowinfo.pdf We get pretty desperate by the mid afternoons and THEN deals are made.
I'm on--only as an observer these days because its on my office computer--an FM tuners internet group. A guy there is always touting Kutztown. He runs (or used to) a local low-power FM transmitter at the event, as I recall. It always sounded interesting but also dangerous. I'd come home with the truck filled.
Chris Campbell
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:02 am
by TC Chris
William wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:53 pm
Elton, do you go to the MARC show? I have always wanted too by never made it.
Bill
This is Chris, and I went to one MARC gathering when it was in Midland, just down the road from Bay City. It was like going to a car show--fun to be around like-minded eccentrics.
Chris Campbell
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:57 pm
by Firedome
When we lived in Maryland we weren't too far from Kurtztown and always wanted to go, but never made it. Before the 'net Hamfests and shows like this yielded some amazing deals. For sure the 'net as been a boon AND a bane. You can now find parts and stuff you'd never see otherwise, but the amazing deals are gone for the most part. Around 1993-4 a friend picked up a McIntosh Mc225 stereo tube amp mint in original box for $35 at a yard sale.. I used to get NOS tubes cheap at Hamfests. That's not likely to happen today!
I know Dave MM goes every year, it'd be fun to see it, still like to do it sometime.
Re: Here's a little piece of insanity...
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:46 am
by hermitcrab
William wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:53 pm
Elton, do you go to the MARC show? I have always wanted too by never made it.
Bill
I haven't in years... I would go to the extravaganza in Lansing every year...only went to Kalamazoo a couple times ... the 2 1/2 hour drive is just too far to look around for a few hours...and now it is cheaper to buy parts on the web ...