Page 2 of 2

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:13 am
by 19&41
Every time I'd show my dad some bargains, he'd usually say he couldn't afford to save that much money. :lol:

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm
by electra225
I just ordered a resistor kit. The shipping cost more than the resistor kit did..... :cry: ;) :roll:

This is still quite the bargain at $16.95 shipped to me...... :D

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm
by Hi-Fi-Mogul
electra225 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm I just ordered a resistor kit. The shipping cost more than the resistor kit did..... :cry: ;) :roll:

This is still quite the bargain at $16.95 shipped to me...... :D
Does the supplier tell you who made those resistors ?

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am
by electra225
No. Motorola Minion Dave got a set and found the resistances "right on". On that recommendation, I decided to try a set.

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am
by 19&41
I believe they are Elenco resistors. It looks like they have recently went under. I reckon that is why they were bargainized. I've not had any problems with them either. They're a inexpensive way to develop a parts bin.

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 am
by electra225
I must have misunderstood his question. Sorry. I knew the brand, but don't know who made them. The reason I considered the kit was that I need several resistors for my project. I may not use all the values, but perhaps someone on the forum can use what is excess to me.

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am
by 19&41
I got a few divided parts boxes at Harbor Freight and set them up in those. They have come in handy over various units.

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 am
by electra225
I received the resistors in today's post. They said it would take 5-7 days to get here, it took six.

And, if you are in California and you eat them, that can cause cancer or reproductive harm...... ;) :roll: :lol:

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:59 pm
by 19&41
This week they have a voltage tester for a ridiculously low price and on the bottom of the page, a pack of 4 ceramic capacitors.

https://sciplus.com/digital-voltage-tes ... Sale+items

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:10 pm
by William
That looks kind of cool, are you getting one?

Bill

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:42 pm
by electra225
I am well-satisfied with the resistor kit I got from them.

Re: American Science & Surplus

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:49 pm
by 19&41
I'm tempted at a price like that!